Saturday, April 14, 2007

Mistakes I did not make

I'm still thinking about gifts (talents) we are given and what we do with them. Heaven knows I have made my share of grievous errors, but there are two mistake I did not make. I came into the world with enough musical talent that I could have been a pretty good professional pianist, had I developed my gift and worked at it. It's fortunate that I did not. I am psychologically, mentally, emotionally unsuited to be in the music business. It IS a business.
I could have been a very good preacher. That's a business, too. It's the people business. I would be a lousy pastor, totally inept at dealing with the people problems that are a part of ministry.
The very great majority of bloggers are much younger than I, too busy making mistakes and hopefully learning from them to have piled up a list of things they didn't do wrong. So I don't know if anybody can make much sense out of this. I'm not even sure I can. Chalk it up to geriatric mutterings.

No comments:

Post a Comment