Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Overhead Terpsichore

My nurse fetish continues to be fed. How come nurses are such wondrous writers? I am now in love with one who calls her blog DANCING ON THE CEILING. http://dancingontheceiling.blogspot.com/ Some of her posts are so powerful that they give me goosebumps. But she has me going nuts wondering where she got that title. Rodgers and Hart? Fred Astaire? Lionel Ritchie? I'm guessing her age at around 50, so that puts her in the Motown era, of which Lionel Ritchie's title that he stole from Rodgers and Hart is said to be a classic. Put me in the Rodgers and Hart camp, all you youngsters who inhabit the blogosphere. A wonderful, torchy love song written in 1930, 19 years before Ritchie was born. Pure ear candy. Lovely melody, delicious chord progressions to delight the ear and lyrics well calculated to get you all mushy. "He dances overhead on the ceiling near my bed." Now that's romance. No rock 'n' roll for this old fart, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment