Friday, September 25, 2009

New TV season makes me barf

Pardon me for being an old fuddy-duddy, but the gratuitous violence and gore on the crime and forensics shows is getting disgusting. One of them opened with a scene of a bunch of cats chomping on a long-dead and seriously decomposed human body. To lighten it up, one of the detectives cleverly remarks about the dead guy becoming kitty kibble. What bugs me about it is the networks wouldn't be doing it if it didn't get ratings. If they must do something sensational to boost the ratings, let 'em give me hot sex. That wouldn't fly because the same viewers who love the explosions, shootings and autopsies would complain. Is there something wrong here? Is there any chance of re-defining obscenity? There. I feel better now.
-----------
Other blogs:
goofy church stuff
farting around

3 comments:

  1. Network television, where you can gawk at a decomposed body but won't find a naked, live one. I haven't watched the program you described; but it reminds me of the shocking opening of Lady in a Cage starring Olivia de Havilland.

    Meanwhile, the only new show I watched was FlashForward. An intriguing premise; but I can't see it arriving at any satisfying conclusion, which is what made me give up on Lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:08 PM

    good afternoon bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for that singular make. The prices due to the fact that the boots were approximately 220 dollars everwhere. But finally I bring about this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:03 PM

    hi fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for that particular model. The prices seeking the sneakers are approximately 250 dollars on every page. But completely I base this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what is your opinion?

    ReplyDelete