Monday, February 26, 2007

Snot, Poop. code of friendship

Golly gee whiz, how long ago was it that I met my old friend Etaoin Shrdlu, who hangs out at http://pot-of-message.blogspot.com/, first on ham radio, lost track of each other, got back together on the internet and now in the blogosphere. We have talked about everything, up to and including snot and poop. Cole Porter said it well. Friendship, friendship. What a perfect blendship. When other friendships have been forgot, ours will still be hot. If you're ever down a well, ring my bell. If you're ever in a mess, S. O. S. But you don't have to send it in Morse Code. We old hams who busted our butts learning the code to get a ham license are kind of sad that you don't have to do that anymore.

4 comments:

  1. Cliffer, it's been 22 years, almost, since ND80 and (I think) KD9WB first had a QSO.

    Although it is true that I learned code when I was still a fetus, and with very little effort, I don't mind that we've gone code free. I'll let you in a little secret: I now am able to feel superior because I don't need a computer. Any time I want to make a blog entry, I just go to a payphone and hiss binary code into the receiver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG . . . I forgot my own Advanced callsign: KD9WP. WP for "wet pants," according to Archie, w9Darn Near Dead. (He is dead, now) Wet pants because I was too young to know which end was up.

    I was mad at Archie for hating on me once I got my "extry." But now I miss him, going down to Betty's Café every day, ragchewing with the other silent keys, and baking squash for supper. "I don't know why I have to eat so much--I don'tdo anything."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friendship is a ship that rescues you from drowning and never abandons you.
    Good luck to you and your friends.
    Nice post, had fun reading it.
    Hey! you can also check out my blog on friendship greeting cards for some beautiful e-greeting cards and friendly tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked reading ur post and at the same time would also like to tell u that friendship is the best relation on this earth after ur family...that is the only relation which accepts us along with our flaws but never lets us feel down about it...enjoy ur friendship and drop by my blog sometime :)

    ReplyDelete