Sunday, February 01, 2009

'30s all Over Again

Did anybody else think about Father Coughlin and FDR when President Obama took a public poke at Rush Limbaugh? The nation's most powerful radio talker, on his own network of independent stations, feuding with a popular new President who took office at a time of terrible national problems. I suppose some of Mr. Obama's advisors have told him to ignore Limbaugh and make no further comment. I hope he doesn't listen to them. This could be great fun. The media will love it.
And you thought AM radio was dead!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:31 PM

    Ummm.....dear, how many people you expecting to remember FDR and Father Coughlin? I have no idea who the latter is - I'm guessing FDR's antagonist. I suppose this being the internet and all, I probably could look him up, but, eh, just don't feel like it.

    Got any grandbabies or great grandbabies (I know, all your babies are great, simply because they're your progeny) that could use a blanket? Got plenty to give!

    Blessings,

    ~ Janet ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post was sort of in reference to Harry Heuser's comparison of Father Coughlin with Bill O'Reilly. http://blog.harryheuser.com/2008/12/i-hold-no-animosity-toward-jews-father.html

    ReplyDelete