Thursday, August 16, 2007

Mr. Foley and Me

I had an unpleasant and somewhat painful procedure at the doctor's office. I asked the nurse if anyone ever freaked out and demanded to be put to sleep. She said it's the younger guys who can't handle it. One of them, in for a vasectomy, passed out before they even started the operation, went home and never came back. By the time you achieve senior status, you have had so many surgeries and so many tubes and cameras poked into every known orfice that one more doesn't matter all that much.

1 comment:

  1. Me and the long-snooted Mr. Foley don't get along. I can put one in somebody else, but can not tolerate the pain of one going in while I'm awake. I had to ask the nurse if she weren't making a brand new orifice.

    I've had some pretty painful things done. More than most women my age, I'd say. But the Foley deal really, really, really, really hurt.

    That said, hope your maintenance work holds for a good long time, whatever it was.

    ReplyDelete