Saturday, October 18, 2008

Buster Keaton Lives










The Damfinos, the International Buster Keaton Society, came to my town again this fall for their annual convention. The Keaton family had a lakefront Summer home in an actors colony here in the 1920's. Here I am with Eleanor Keaton, Buster's widow on the left and Adrian Booth, his co-star in one of the classic Keaton silent films that I accompanied on the Barton Theater Pipe Organ on the right. The photos were taken in the mid 90's.



Eleanor was much younger than Buster, but they had 26 good and loving years together. Buster died in 1966 and Eleanor was with us until 1998. At my last report, Adrian Booth was still alive at 90.




Photos courtesy of dear friend, show business afficiando and friend of the stars Al Flogge

2 comments:

  1. Great photographs, Clifton. Thank you for sharing them. I wonder whether Ms. Booth (or Lorna Gray) was heard on the wireless as well. Most recently, I saw her as a radio singer in Up in the Air (1940).

    I’d like to read more about your experience accompanying a silent movie on the organ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Harry. With no expectation that flattery will get me somewhere, I am honored beyond measure when I turn out something that rates a tip of the RCA ribbon microphone from you. The friend who supplied the Keaton photos sees Adrian Booth regularly, says she is very sharp. I will attempt to get them in touch with you. He's also close to Jane Russell and his long time love, Anna Maria Alberghetti, who still performs.

    ReplyDelete