Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Banks of the Wabash

A blog I read every day is "All I'm Saying." It's written by a fellow who is back home again in Indiana after visiting far away places with strange sounding names. Most of the time I don't know what he's talking about because I am twice his age plus ten and quite out of touch with anything that happened after 1954. I like his blog because he has fun. Doesn't take himself with great seriousness. He found the ancient April Stevens recording of "Teach Me Tiger" that caused an uproar for being too sexy. It's on his blog for all to hear and laugh at how funny it sounds half a century later. Hearing it again for the first time in decades, I laughed out loud at how hot it was in its day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Cliffie! Thanks for the shout-out! I just listened to April's masterwork again -- thanks for sharing it!

    And I re-read your comment...I'd love to hear more about your experiences as a deejay back in the day.

    ReplyDelete