Friday, June 22, 2007

Old Things

A good friend who collects everything gave me the magnificent, big-as-a-barn 1941 Zenith console Radio that's the centerpiece of the nostalgia corner of my room, along with pictures of a 1930 Packard, Theater Organ consoles and legendary pin-up girl Bettie Page busting out of her nurses uniform. (My son, who is not all bad, gave me the huge wall hanging of Bettie.) If I can clear a space on the wall, my old QSL cards and ham license plates will go up there.
This collector friend asked me the other day, "What's the good word?" I said, "It's not sex. Not money. I know, it's ANTIQUES!" He agreed. He would be happy to add an old Hammond Organ to my den of nostalgia, but I would want a Leslie speaker for it, and they are even bigger than the radio. I guess I could float a loan and add a room for my old toys. While I'm at it, how about a bigger garage to house an old Packard and a mid 80's Chrysler Fifth Avenue. How fortunate that my wife does not read my blog. I am saved from an untimely death by murder.

I love old things. Maybe it's because I am one.

No comments:

Post a Comment